My shadow


A stroll down the memory lane,
With solitude, beautiful and plain
My shadow stuck to the ground,
My sole companion when no one’s around
I glare at my wounds,
Cauterized by time
In the foggy trace of happiness,
I reminisce “life” that was once mine
I visualize my dreams, crystal clear
My eyes are blurred with unexplained tears
I move towards darkness
With blinding speed
I swallow my fears
Though in the knees, I still feel weak.
My obsessions seem to lead me to hell,
I already feel lost, sick and unwell.












Absence of peace, like a pestilence
Roots into me
Emptiness drags me by chains
I struggle to set myself free
The arrows from the quiver of time
Mauls my soul
I ain’t here to give up
No surrender, till I reach my goal
My shadow left me estranged,
In this road less travelled by
I watched it fade away
In the vivid reflection of lies.
My defiance is choked
My pride is a broke
Honoring myself , I embrace death
My shadow flees before I draw my last breath…………………

- Sagittaire Solitaire
Picture courtesy : www.google.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...